Welcome to Blairgowrie Primary School
Aftercare and Holiday Club
Blaircare is the school’s paid care service for learners who are not able to go home straight after school until 5.30pm. Enrolment is for the term and ad hoc or occasional attendees are not accepted. Places fill quickly and a first-come first-served rule applies.
Fees include a T-shirt or sweat shirt to identify Blaircare children. Cooked lunches and healthy snacks are provided.
Blairgowrie Holiday Club Registration Process
- Registrations for Holiday Club is done online via a google link.
- The google link will be made available 3 to 4 weeks prior to every holiday club through the following mediums: Website, D6 and the Newsletter.
- Proof of payment secures the registration. POP to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The correct reference number must be used when making payment into the school account: 27004/surname.
- Blaircare parents will receive the information via the BC parent whatsApp groups.
Blaircare provides a professional aftercare service to cater for all your needs
- Full-time enrolment with one month written notice period.
- (A once off deposit of R1500 is required for every new registration)
- Three hearty cooked meals and two light lunches per week.
- Oversee scheduled extra mural activities.
- Homework facilitation.
- Holiday club (upon registration – proof of payment must be emailed to Leonie).
- Qualified professionals on duty.
- Termly hours: 13:00-17:30
- Holiday club hours: 07:00-17:30
- Only BPS learners may attend Blaircare.
- Blaircare hosts two Parent Evenings per year. February and September.
- Please follow the Blaircare Newsletter and the D6 communicator for upcoming important dates and events.
- The Blaircare Uniform is compulsory to wear.
FAQ's for Blaircare
Children do their homework daily with the same homework assistant and additional homework sessions are available for learners who attend extra-mural activities. Homework is checked and signed off by the homework assistants.
We also offer a service during the school holidays. Again, only learners at Blairgowrie Primary may attend.
A Holiday Club is run during every main school holiday except December to January with a variety of activities to keep the children happy, stimulated and active.
Holiday Club is charged for separately.
The application form to attend the Holiday Club can be requested from the school